Saturday 2 June 2012

The Rhyme Stew











From The Cauldron of The Wicked Witch: The Rhyme Stew

Mary, Mary, quite contrary?
How does your garden grow?
"I live with the vague sense of unease. So how in the world would I know?"

-

Mixed Media 65 x 65 x 100 cm 

-

The sense of disproportion that I feels between the desire to create artworks and the responsibility that I carries in the world of industry. I feel that the relationship between the two world so easily gets heavier on one side – in my case the industry side – and this lopsidedness often comes with a sense of hopes and fantasies disappearing into thin air. Dreams that used to encourage are now melting; as a whole,  this work can be seen as an expression to the feeling of helplesly sinking into the world  of workplace responsibility that restrict myself every move. 
I cut my doll's head, separate it from its body, broken up only to be put back together in their unnatural places: on the surface of the table, pieces of their faces, heads, eyes, limbs, are arranged in a scattered composition.

-

Natasha Gabriella Tontey 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment